Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A volunteer speaks!

A Volunteer speaks--
Balakalakaar 2011!
This new year’s eve was definitely special to me, very close to my heart. It’ll always make me proud that I was part-reason for a thousand smiles :)
At first, I was a little sceptical. I wondered how students, all of them around 18-20 years of age, could come up with, and organise such a huge event! Managing a thousand children coming from all over the city, arranging for their pickup and drop, packing art kits and food, and then distributing, making sure that no one’s deprived of anything. Not at all easy. But all the effort is worth it, when at the end of the day, you know that you made so many of them happy. And I’m sure nothing else in the world would’ve given me that much satisfaction.

I was happy that I was able to give them hope that there will be a morning when they can wake up and see that their dreams have finally come true, a day, when the world would be theirs!
I’m glad I chose to spend my new year volunteering for these kids. A most amazing start to my year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment